# 17 Untitled...

Did I cheat yesterday by coping a poem here instead of putting down my thoughts?
My thoughts were muddled yesterday morning...November is a difficult month for me...It is full of deep seeded memories from my past that surface every year...and this year is no exception.

I try to get by each day by accepting my memories...I turn them over...I hold them in my heart and rock them gently...As I have gotten older I can even accept them as being part of who I am...but nonetheless come November my thoughts become muddled...

Today, I am feeling better...although today is a birthday of sorts for me...it is a day when I really know that I can put others before myself...it is a day when I realize that sometimes the hardest things we do are also the things we do with the most love...it is a day when my life changed so many years ago...

Today, I focus on love...instead of feeling helpless...today, I remember the goodness of life...today, I hold myself upright and feel my truth...today, I allow some tears, but smile deeply...today, I am a grown woman who knows that all I have gone through in my life has brought me to this place and time...and today, I am happy...today, I will celebrate life and love.

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your voice...