# 26 It's HERE!

It officially happened...BLACK FRIDAY marked its beginning...The Holiday season has arrived....IT'S HERE! Now mind you I have seen it in the stores since October! Seems to me that you can barely get to Halloween and the stores are decked out in there Christmas decorations...carols are playing in the background...

I MUST BE GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!

I remember the good old days when taking time to enjoy each holiday as a separate day was the proper thing to do! First you would take the time to MAKE your own costume for Halloween...grabbing things from your parent's closet to become a gypsy or a bum...grabbing a pillow case to use to collect your goodies...a time when people freely gave out cookies and popcorn balls and apples! Now people purchase mass made costumes and give out "healthy" granola bars...if they allow the kids to go out at all...

Then came Thanksgiving...taking days to prepare this feast! Everything home-made, with family coming from miles around...now there are store bought pies, and even turkey can be delivered to your home! NO cooking...or even going to a restaurant is preferred to cooking and cleaning up by many!

Santa always arrived the day after Thanksgiving...you saw him first on his float while watching the Macy's parade! It was then that the stores decorated for Christmas making the season come alive with color...picking out that special gift and wrapping it yourself. Now Santa is there before Thanksgiving, and you can order gifts over the net fully wrapped with a signed card attached!

Don't get me wrong...certainly I am not "BAH HUMBUGGING" Christmas...but the joy that it use to bring to me is waning...I am vowing this year to bring back the simple joy of the holiday...I will bake...I will make home-made gifts...I will sign my own cards...I will read the Night Before Christmas to my grandson...I will make it through the holiday without feeling stressed because I did not make it to Black Friday to get the "GOOD DEALS"...I vow to love a little deeper...smile a little more...sing more carols right out loud...and laugh a little longer. Because after all...

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your voice...