Left/Right





Have your tried this?! Being a right brain thinker I really have to think about this....and it is a struggle!
Lately that has been happening to me...Right vs Left....

There are THINGS that I have had to do....Making sure my Mother is doing alright (after having knee replacement surgery at 86) She came home from rehab the other day and now it is a matter of getting her accustomed to NOT having 24/7 care...She reminds me that it is hell getting old and I am now wondering if that isn't true! And that causes me to reflect on being alone...My thoughts have gone to this several times over the past few weeks...Now, I don't mind being alone...I actually like the solitude of being in my studio...the quiet of the morning...listening to my heart thoughts....but what I do mind is being lonely...not having someone to share the special things of the day...not holding hands with someone...not being able to be comforted when the tears flow...

Certainly I have friends...I have family...I have love in my life...but I am no longer a half of a couple...I am no longer a spouse...a partner...a lover...a one and only...and I want to be....So what does one do at 60?  Do you go on Match.com? Do you see if friends know friends? Do you wait for the door to door salesman to come? (oh that is right they don't come anymore...everything is done on the net!!)

So I look at the chart and I consciously try to say the color and not the word this morning...and remind myself that it is OK...that things in my life are actually wonderful at this very moment...that my life is full and happy...and that sometimes I am going to get mixed up...that sometimes I am going to make the wrong choice...and that most of the times you are exactly where you are suppose to be...and just maybe sometimes in a moment...Black can turn to Yellow if I just look at the other side of things...

This morning I give myself permission to look at my life with new eyes...

LIFE IS GOOD! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your voice...