# 10 Compass

I wear a beautiful silver locket around my neck on most days, the last gift that Michael ever gave me...within that locket is not a picture, but rather it is a small compass...a compass given to me so I will always be able to find my way...As I sit here today playing with that locket...opening it...closing it...feeling the smoothness of the circle and the beauty of the design...I relax and ask myself what do I need to be aware of today.
...and I realize that I need to be aware that I also wear it to remind me of my own inner compass...

Sometimes I look for answers outside of myself...I ask advice of others and although at times it is helpful I realize that it is only partially helpful...that by getting back into this ritual of asking myself questions each morning I am once again seeing that the answers to my personal questions can most often be found by looking within...that I always have access to the part of myself that knows what I need and is my own inner compass. I am re-learning to hear, trust, and embrace the wisdom that lives within me...several times within the past month I have seconded guessed myself...listened to someone else and did not follow my own inner compass...only to find that I would not have had to do things twice if I had just had that faith in myself...once again realizing that when I second guess myself I go against myself...allowing me to easily go off course because I am not following my own inner compass....

So, this beautiful silver necklace...this compass... will serve as a reminder to myself...
...look inside...you are your best guide...you know the why's and the how's...all you have to do is start to answer your own questions!

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your voice...