# 20 Education....

OK...I freely admit it...I did not go to college...I choose to become a mother at the tender age of 21...I freely choose it...adding another child 18 months later...and then I was divorced before I knew it...So, I choose a trade, I became a hair stylist in order to support my small family...

It seems to me, that I have a way of knowing what it is I need to know in order to travel through life...I styled hair for years and it was a creative and artistic expression...I then learned the art of custom picture framing which taught me to once again use my natural ability to match colorings and use my hands to build frames...and then FINALLY after many years I allowed myself to actually pick up paints and then ultimately use my thoughts to become writings...

So what have I learned from this way of life...I have learned that we can learn things by taking a course of study in an academic environment...we can go through experiences and we can learn from them...we can also gain knowledge through intuition, (a gift that I seem to have developed) BUT most of all I have learned that no one way is better than the other...

I was artistic at a very young age and I gravitated toward it...but for some reason this did not work well for others so I stopped...(actually I was a closet writer and artist!! never really exposing it to many people) I was not allowed to cultivate it as it was not the logical approach to knowing things...so I felt undervalued and misunderstood...It took me years to finally work my way out of this judgment.

I have learned that my life experiences...my common sense...has it own specialness...that even though a certain type of intelligence tends to be valued more than others, no way of knowing is better than another...Certainly if I wanted to be a Doctor..a Lawyer...than a formal education would of been the way I would of had to go...but I aspired to be a creative person...and now, years later, I am comfortable in that skin...and I realize that I have benefited not only from what I have learned...and how I have learned it...but I respect all the ways of learning...and I believe that we each follow a path that is completely right for no one but our self. I continue to learn as I grow...and I continue to expose myself more and more each day...and I continue to shock myself with the knowledge I have collected over the years...

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your voice...