# 8 Midnight Conversation

I had my usual midnight conversation with a friend of mine last night...we both have trouble sleeping (although I must admit I am getting a bit better at it)... this habit of midnight conversations has been going on for years, especially when we need each other to hold a hand...or listen to a heart story...share some joy...we are friends...we are sisters of sorts...we understand each other...

Which has made me think about hurdles this morning...hurdles that I have gone over...around...through...some that still lay on my path (and her hurdles which are much different than mine) The difference is how we think about these hurdles...I tend to get mad at that hurdle...let it be known that it will not stop me in my tracks...that I will jump...run...scale...use a crane ball to knock it down...use TNT to blow it up! I will dig at it...chip at it...till it is no longer an obstacle in my way...I will not let it stop me...I will not give into it...I will find a logical and sensible way to get rid of it and if that is not possible I will destroy it somehow. That hurdle will not win!

So, that is what I told her last night as one of her hurdles started to crumble down and she shared that joy....We are all so much bigger than those hurdles...we are so much stronger...braver...we have to follow our hearts and not let anyone or anything stop us or hold us back...All we really have to do is decide that we are going to move forward regardless of what hurdle is in front of us!

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your voice...