Einstein's Dreams...

 
I am reading Einstein's Dreams, a novel by Alan Lightman ( a fictional collage of stories dreamed by Albert Einstein in 1905...my son talks about this book a great deal)...I am enjoying it quite a lot...enough to write
in the margins of the book!! Some books just make me do that!
 
This morning it has given me fuel for thought...and I was wondering about my world...
my perception of time at the moment...and this is where my thoughts went...
 
As I view my clock, I see time clicking away...and yet not moving at all some minutes...
There are parts of my time that are frozen in place...a glacier of sorts...so thick and solid
that the time seemed immovable...until recently...
 
A tiny figure...a beating heart held against another beating heart...softly, securely, with love.
A tiny figure...a hand that I would never hold...tears that would never be comforted by me...
laughter that would never be heard by my ears...dreams that I would never see become reality.
 
AND YET...a bond that could never be broken by the lack of time or space...
 
In a moment, as if by some magic...time leaps forward quickly...unexpectedly...forward over decades...
and the glacier, so thick and solid moves...shifts...and melts.  
 
A tiny figure now grown...that opens my heart...
A tiny figure now grown...to share the who, what, and where of life...
A tiny figure now grown...
 
The frozen time melts.
 
LIFE IS GOOD! 

I have given myself permission to let my heart soar today...what can you give yourself permission to do!
 
(the mandala I choose today is from 2008 from an online class I took with the late Judith Cornell...a mandala healing class...I choose this one because it reminds me of a frozen heart being released from its glacier)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your voice...