Inner Mean Girl...



Do you have one? You know, the one that tells you all the negative...all the "not enough" statements...the "you can't do it" statements...the "what are you thinking" statements!

Do you have one of those girls residing in your head?

I DO! And boy has she been playing games with me lately!  So, I have been quiet...I have sort of let her have her way with me...BUT NOT TODAY!  Today, I told her that she could not come out and play! Today, I told her to just take her negative thinking and take a walk...she just wasn't welcomed here anymore! That if she couldn't play nice than she just shouldn't come around...

I am not sure why when things are going so well that she would choose to "rain on my parade"... I'm not sure why when she comes knocking at my door I don't just look out the peek hole and see she is there and just not answer...after all it was sunny and warm and a delightful day before I opened that door...

So, today I packed her suitcase (you know the one with all the "stuff" in it...the heavy one...the one that holds stuff that doesn't belong to us...the one that just doesn't suit us) and I put her on a fast train to nowhere! PHEW!  It took a little work as that "stuff" she carries with her is pretty heavy at times! So, today the sun is shining and I can see much more clearly...and I gave myself permission to push her out the door!

LIFE IS GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your voice...